Satan has possessed my 1.09 revert batch.
Well, this is interesting. Running the revert.bat reset my game version to 1.07. The realm button below battle net displayed 'hyglax', and trying to create a druid, his class text "Druid" was replaced with "No inventory items need repairs."

There's an exception error when I try to enter the game. If i'm not in windowed mode, the computer locks.

I then installed the 1.09 patch, and while the strang text is gone, the same result occurs.

I reupgraded to 1.10s and it works fine again.

Wth.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
It's another one of those 1.10 bugs ;) . Oh wait, your trying to get to 1.09...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The batch file isn't anything special at all, all it does is just copy files from various directories:

Code:
if exist "110 Beta Backup" goto restore109
md "110 Beta Backup"
copy /y *.exe "110 Beta Backup"
copy /y *.dll "110 Beta Backup"
copy /y patch_d2.mpq "110 Beta Backup"
xcopy /y /s /i save "110 Beta Backup\save"
:restore109
del /q patch_d2.mpq
xcopy /y /s /i "109 Backup" .

There are only two things I can think would cause a problem.

1) You never had 1.09 installed, instead had 1.07
2) You installed 1.09 on 1.07, but the 1.09 patch screwed up somehow. You then installed 1.10s on top of that without playing the game once, and when you reverted the corrupt patch file was returned.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I might have upgraded from 1.07 on this computer, I don't remember.

What I do know is that after being rolled back to the bugged 1.07, upgrading to 1.09 didn't make things better, but upgrading to 1.10s did. Then reverting back to 1.09 brought me back to 1.07 again and the bugs.

I wiped the installation completely and it works again.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.