Rookie mistake ?
..... I played my first few outings in D-2-LOD with the straight ahead slash-and-carve melee style characters. Now I have a Sorceress. I've read a few strategy ideas and posts here on this great board, and it seems as if a lot of Sorceress players use the Telekinesis skill.

Uh...... I'm not.

Am I stupid? I use Meteor, Static Field, Chain Lightning and a lot of ice spells at the moment.
Seems to be okay so far.......

I welcome any advice on this. Thanks.

-= Heat Miser =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
I do like having my telekinesis on my sorcs, but it's not something I use all the time. Telekinesis can be used to knock back individual monsters (I never actually use it for this), to open chests/barrels at a distance, to pick up money and certain items (like arrows, scrolls and potions) at a distance and to activate shrines, some portals, WPs and the stash at a distance.

So it can be rather beneficial if you remember to use it. It's also a one-point-wonder and a pre-requisite for teleport and energy shield, which can be very beneficial. So most sorceresses will already have it because of teleport or energy shield, and that one point is enough.

However, I don't think you're crippling your sorceress in any way by not using telekinesis.