Dex For Sorcerors
I was curious, what use does Dex have for a spellcasting Sorc? I glanced briefly at the Character and Magic sections in Jarulf's Guide, and it didn't look like it was useful for anything other than adding AC. Anything else?
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor
as far as I can tell it's totally useless, all it would add to is AC and to-hit. useless for a spellcasting sorc.
Do unto others before they do unto you
If they use a shield it increases the chance to block melee attacks.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
It is can be quite important for a tank sorc, depending on how you play it.

When I play a tank sorc, I allow melee monsters to swarm me so my spells won't miss. It is much easier to blast 3-4 gold vipers who are standing still attacking you than hitting them on their way in. Once 2-3 are around me I will time my spell between their attacks. Ideally, you let them attack a round, block anything that gets past your AC (where dex becomes important), then fire before they attack again.

For hell blood knights, high dex is really important if you do not want to get hit. Because you are a sorcerer, no more than 3 BK's should reach even a tank. Instead of retreating before they get to me, I ensure that no more than 2 of them will reach me at one time. On level 16, the usefulness of AC is minimized and the enemies have a good chance of getting through it. I wait for both of them to attack once (or until they aren't swinging so I can get a shot in), then I give em a fireball. Pause to block as they attack if need be, then give em another fireball. After these two are dead, you can retreat just a bit to fire off some rapid FB's to the next wave, or stand your ground if there are only a couple left.

I rely on blocking heavily v. Azure drakes. I'll let three surround me so they are each adjacent to each other (an "L" shape). I'll wait for a break in their attacks, then give the first one a blast. Another break, then the second, then the third. By that time they should all be dead after taking a total of 4 splash-damages per drake. The pauses aren't very long - it's not like you wait for a perfect opportunity each time. I try to use as few potions as possible, so I don't like to miss with any Fireballs as they slide their way to me.

You achieve perfect block at 140 dexterity at clvl 40 v. BK's, and 134 dex for Drakes. If a tank sorc gets all his needed strength from +all attribute items, he will have a minium of 130 dexterity, so +dex isn't really something they would need to specially focus on either.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Thank you everyone, it's greatly appreciated.
Is grace enough to build a bridge once burned, to fill that which is hollow with the substance of virtue,
Though the wings of a dove have wiped a tear from my eye, my tongue has fanned the flames of transgression,
But love suffers long and rejoices in truth, and this imperfect creation is striving none the less for that which is eternal...

- Hopesfall - The Broken Heart Of A Traitor