Attack Rate, Zeal and Strafe
Since 1.06, I always tried to be above 5k AR on a high-speed mid/low damage physical character to get a ~90% chances to hit when fighting mlvl similar to my clvl. I found a way to do that in a strafazon, by maxing Penetrate, and on a zealadin with Fanaticism –even when it gave no damage bonus.

Those builds proved to be version resistant, by surviving 1.08 and 1.09. But, I’m having my doubts about 1.10. I tested an 8/4 fanatic zealadin clvl 87 with AR a little above 5k, which in 1.09 gave ~90% chances to hit in Act 4 but in 1.10 is barely above 70% against most monsters. Later I used an 8/2 strafazon clvl 89, using ITD as the pally, and she did much better with an AR above 10k (AR boosted by sharp and steel charms) and ~90% chances to hit on the same area.

Both skills have the same kind of bug, i.e. miss the first, and miss the rest. As the zon missed very little the damage was delivered over regular basis, while pally’s attack and successful hits were like playing and winning the lottery.

My question goes on how to increase the pally’s AR without being highly item dependant. Missing that much leaves the surrounding monsters in liberty to attack him and stun/block-lock* him, highly unpleasant and dangerous.

*addendum: Ok, there's no more block-lock, but is still unpleasant and dangerous
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War