Yep, I'm crazy
I'm depressed, offended, and angered by the way this was preformed by you guys. There was a total of ZERO support for what I wanted to do.
I started with a simple statement and a request to be pointed in the right general direction, I didn't want to be babied, I didn't want anyone looking over my shoulder. I'd direct my modmaking questions to the Dark Forums, thank you allo for pointing me to that site, that was what I needed. after that point, all I needed from all of you then is your opinions on what you want the cosmetic changes to be.

Selby, you made a lot of assumptions about what I wanted from you and they were over the line.

Forget I tried.

Lemming, Where did you Learn to argue like that? It looks like oyu're quite good at it. Are you a lawyer by any chance?
Do unto others before they do unto you
You didn't want to be babied, and you weren't. Why are you so upset?

You wanted to know how to do it, and I suggested you check the links on this site. You responded that half of them didn't work. Then Lemming wanted to know which ones didn't work. You responded with ones that weren't even on the linked page.

Mod making takes alot of time and effort. If you don't want to put any into learning how to do it (lots of reading), then what do you expect to accomplish?

I shared my personal experience from over the years from people who asked how to make a mod but they didn't want or understand the type of work involved. Never once did I even claim that you wanted what I was talking about. If you assumed that I was directing everything I said at you, then you need to learn to not take everything said (typed?) so seriously. Deep down I was curious whether or not you really were going to go through with it as alot of people have announced their new mod but were unable to handle the workload that goes with it.

That being said, if some people trying to get more information out of you as to what you mean bothers you, then you probably don't need to be making and releasing mods to the public as you will get real criticisms from people there. Since the comments of one or two people get you down before you even start...

Selby
Why did you edit most of your posts in this thread to "Empty post"?
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Hi,

You mistook this place for some kindergarten feel good center.

When a person is told that he is wrong, there are two ways he can respond. He can thank the people for taking the time to help him out of ignorance, and thus show that he is a rational adult. He can revile the people for "putting him down" and thus show he's a spoiled child.

Come back when you've grown a bit.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Yogi- Because you can't delete your own posts

Selby- From the get-go I understood the amount of work it would take to make a mod, it would take me months to maybe a year to make a mod i'd be willing to give out to the public. I understand that it isn't a cakewalk in the least. And I'm sorry, I mistook what you said for being too personal, you may not think it's that personal, but it appears that way to me, oh well.

Why should I put that much time and effort into a mod when to very people I'm making it for don't appreciate it?

EDIT- Thank you pete for that jewel of wisdom. Honestly. This is just a very trying time for me in my life and i'm under a lot of stress, this isn't an excuse, it's an explanation as to why i'm in such a ready to argue mode.
Quote:Lemming, Where did you Learn to argue like that? It looks like oyu're quite good at it. Are you a lawyer by any chance?

But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
I thought Zhar the Mad as "Pete the Flamer" would be kind of funny. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occi-No, your suggestions are somewhat welcome.....

Lemming-I don't know what to think about that last comment by you...
LemmingofGlory,Oct 13 2003, 09:14 PM Wrote:But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Loved it!
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Holiday Inn Express is da bomb yo!

Hmm, I may have to update my lingo, it tends to be a few years out of date.
What's the lingo up to now? Oh yes

Holiday Inn Express *@^$(#(*%=:^{)-&#>>>#*$&#^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

To anyone who can spot "the face" or even know what "the face" looks like, umm, YOU WIN!

(shut up grarrrg your post is pointless and a waste of space)

_MY_ post? Never
Is that an alter ego I detect?
Alter Ergo Sum

You change therefore you am.

(youre a moron you know)

No I'm not.

(yes you kinda are)

At least I know how to use punctuation and capital letters.

(big whoop so does everyone else)

*swats at the voice*
Hey, at least I keep mine under control.

(No you don't)

Shut up, they can hear you...

(They can't "Hear" me, they can read what I type)

Just stop it.
As a joke.

LemmingOfGlory is quite good at humor.

Read his Qinterviews at the Sylvan Cliffs web site. :) Funny stuff.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
REAL thought/voice/things can't use punctuation or capital letters.

(yes we can)

You never have, prove it.

(i dont feel like it right now)

Well then how do I know your not just lying to cover up for Leloinel?

(because i dont lie)

Right.....
Yeah well, you're lucky, mine uses a crappy british accent, that's why he spells so well.

(Oh do shut up.)

Oh no "Jean Claude" the cat's out of the bag now!

(Now you've gone off and done it, I'll just have to speed up my plans to get rid of you, now won't I?)

Now I'm the one with the body, I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

(We'll just see about that...)

GOD!!! your perfect spelling abhorrs me!

(That's not how you spell it...)

Shut up