when i double click on the Diablo2.exe ...
I can open the setup.exe from the drive but when i double click on the Diablo2.exe icon i get a message that says... :angry:

"please put in the DiabloII Lord of Destruction play disc in your E: drive" when it is. :(

Please help me fix this problem.
My theorm is that when I click on the icon it is trying to gather the information from the wrong place. :lol:
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
If you're not using the original CD (a copy) it won't recognize it as the CD. And make sure that you're CD drive is your E drive. I've gotten errors like that because I didn't realize that it was looking on the wrong drive.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Do you, by any chance, have Kazaa or Kazaa Lite installed on the same machine? This has been known to cause the "cannot find CD" problem. If you do, you need to uninstall Kazaa, uninstall D2, and reinstall D2. Don't reinstall Kazaa.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Leah_heartsword,Oct 6 2003, 06:36 PM Wrote:I can open the setup.exe from the drive but when i double click on the Diablo2.exe icon i get a message that says... :angry:

"please put in the DiabloII Lord of Destruction play disc in your E: drive" when it is. :(

Please help me fix this problem.
My theorm is that when I click on the icon it is trying to gather the information from the wrong place. :lol:
I have multiple CD drives, and for some reason DII wants to check the last drive used, even if it were used for, say, playing a DVD. There is a registry entry for the DII drive letter. I don't understand why it can't just look in the same place each time.

Often I find clicking "cancel" a couple of times will cause the game to start. I'd leave DII runnning all the time, but three different sound cards on two different computers all have their DII sound start reverberating eventually, and the game has to be restarted.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Kartoffelsalat,Oct 6 2003, 09:07 PM Wrote:If you're not using the original CD (a copy) it won't recognize it as the CD.  And make sure that you're CD drive is your E drive.  I've gotten errors like that because I didn't realize that it was looking on the wrong drive.
I don't have problems using copies of the distribution discs to play from. It probably depends how you are copying them. What problems I have with DII are the same for the copies as the originals.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Personally, I use DDump to dump an ISO of my LoD disk, and use Daemon-Tools to mount the image. I have less problems than using the disks themselves, as I am free of annoying spin-up problems, as well as a audio problem that manifested itself.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Thanks for all of the replys but heres the problem...

1. I don't have Kazaa. (i despize it)
2. I have one CD-rom drive
3.Yes, E is the correct drive.
4.Its not burned.

So please help me!!!

I have E-Mailed Blizzard and i have not got a reply yet.

I hope after the many replies this thread gets that I will be able to join my brethern in battle. :)
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
This page may be useful to you. If not, is the drive in question a CD/RW? And if so does it have EZCD Creator on it? Back when I had a compaq I had this exact problem and found that older versions of the Roxio EZCD Creator would lock up the drive. The only way I found to fix it was to remove the Roxio program and install Nero.
I know it's frowned upon, but if nothing works, just bite your tounge and get a No-CD "patch" from a certain unscrupulous website - you can prove that you have a legal copy, so if you're fine with using it, I don't see how you could get in trouble for it.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
I recently had that problem myself. In the end I found out I had a virus called Win32.PariteA or something, try scanning all your' .exe files with a reliable virus scanner. If that doesn't work try Re-installing.
Don't worry just go here follow the instructions and you are out of trouble I had excactly the same problem and dozer said I should hit my computer with baseball bats or shoot at it with a staplegun but it didn't work :( but the page I just gave you is excactly about the problem you have! Good luck ;)
Knijnknelis,Oct 15 2003, 02:06 PM Wrote:Don't worry just go here follow the instructions and you are out of trouble I had excactly the same problem and dozer said I should hit my computer with baseball bats or shoot at it with a staplegun but it didn't work :(  but  the page I just gave you is excactly about the problem you have! Good luck  ;)
Hi. I already linked to that support solution last week:

tal125,Oct 7 2003, 05:50 PM Wrote:This page may be useful to you. If not, is the drive in question a CD/RW? And if so does it have EZCD Creator on it? Back when I had a compaq I had this exact problem and found that older versions of the Roxio EZCD Creator would lock up the drive. The only way I found to fix it was to remove the Roxio program and install Nero.

I just skipped the first two pages since Leah had already answered questions regarding those two.
You probbably moved the folder so your shortcut is no longer valid. Just make a new shortcut and see it that works! Or insert the CD ROM into the drive and D2 should automatically book up and just click on the PLAY GAME icon!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I have a CDRW drive and EZCD Creator installed. Patch it up to the latest version and it should work fine.

Selby