Your Favorite Shrine
What is your favorite shrine in D2X?

Mine is the 'Combat Shrine'. Especially when it's near a tough boss (Like Duriel or Hephasto the Armorer)
Mana regen shrine. Time to spam those spells, baby!
It always does exactly what I expect it to, and does something that I can't otherwise do without a lot of trading or a lot of luck.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Fire shrine; when inside hell diff Chaos Sanctuary. Especially when playing a weaker build solo.
Definitely the Armour shrine. Especially when two or three spawn right next to each other. I like to hit all of them and watch my defense go right off the edge of my character screen. :P

My least favorite is the fire shrine. I get it confused with the exploding shrine sometimes, so I hit it to get the potions, then it explodes and knocks my life half-way down. :(
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Stamina Shrine is a dream come true when I start a new character.
I use experience shrines and the water pools. Other than that I generally don't use shrines at all unless I want to remove a curse without going to town.
SwordAzon,Oct 8 2003, 11:29 AM Wrote:What is your favorite shrine in D2X?
All good answers (in the thread so far) which goes to show that shrines are nice in D2 (though not as silly-good as in some of the M&M games).

My housemate (who doesn't post here) would say: Portal Shrine (especially near big-D in the Chaos Sanctuary).

My favorite, since I learned from Lurker revelation that it also sets (set? obsolete now?) poison length to only the first frame, is the Resist Poison Shrine (because it essentially offered immunity to poison).

Just because it's my favorite doesn't mean I use tham that much. I'm generally happy to see wells, gem shrines and stamina shrines (though as of v1.10 with improved stamina potions that isn't so important).

When I'm playing a new untwinked in-blood-moor etc. character my favorite are the Exploding and Poison Shrine because the little potions sell for such a goodly amount of gold.

Before I learned about the resist duration effect on Resist Poison Shrines my favorite was that quirky old Monster Shrine. Man, if you gave me a Cow Level with tons of those lying around you'd see some compulsive shrine touching for sure. Cow Chow Chaos. :D
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Can the well be considered a shrine? :)

Other than that, I think exp shrines are pretty handy mind you. With the exception of the refill health/ mana ones, the other shrines never pop up when I need them to.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I'm all for Monster Shrines. Take a guy down to less then half health, hit the shrine and kill a weakened, newly created boss.
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
I'd go for the Gem Shrine as well. The Exp is okay, but when you need 40 million to advance.......

The G.S. is nice when you can't seem to find a 3rd Flawless to complete the set. Those Perfect ones allow Crafted items.....

-= Heat Miser =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
Are u sure about that, Freepaperclips?? I thought that hitting the Monster Shrine will restore all the newly created monster's lost hit points...

???
Quote: The Exp is okay, but when you need 40 million to advance.......

Yes, but it makes the 40 million all the easier. :D

The thing is that I really hate leveling. I can't stand leveling past 65. Most of the levels I gain after that is me clearing out areas to find items. So anything that takes a few seconds off is quite nice.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
In terms of utility, you have to definitely love the minion/character healing wells and also skill shrines in the later difficulties.

In early difficulties I truly love stamina shrines and mana regen shrines; they make up for what you need to get later on.

In terms of concept, the monster shrine IS my favorite, just because I like fighting the occasional boss (if they're not ridiculously deadly), and the choice to make one is heartening.

Buena Suerte.
In war, intelligence is the single greatest commodity.
Blizzard may have intended for the Monster Shrine to restore lost hit points, but I haven't seen it do so. (I'm working off v1.09, by the way, if that makes any difference.)
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Here's one of my favorite shrines...

[Image: CoolShrine1.jpg]

I'm not sure what she's holding in her hands. At first glance, it looks a bit like the scales of justice. But I can't tell what the two round things that she's holding. I suppose they might be skulls but that doesn't seem to fit with the overall feeling of this shrine.

And when you click on it, her arms fold forward... like she's going to sleep after all her energy has been released. Very Cool.

[Image: CoolShrine2.jpg]

I also like this one.

[Image: NikeShrine.jpg]

Very elegant. I call it the Nike Shrine because it reminds me of the Nike of Samothrace sculpture.
SwordAzon,Oct 8 2003, 11:29 AM Wrote:Mine is the 'Combat Shrine'. Especially when it's near a tough boss (Like Duriel or Hephasto the Armorer)
Yes this is a very good shrine but...

This shine is the only shrine that has not been said......the lighting shrine is one of the coolest shrines. It helps you pick off those nasty LE heros.
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
Ki-ki-ki!

Hey guys,
thought I'd drop by. In terms of shrines, I pretty much use all of them, but the ones I find most handy are xp, gem and stamina. Heck, xp is a godsend at higher levels, a gem shrine is a boon in both multiplayer or single player, and stamina shrines are good if you need to run away (Like after you find that oh-so-dreaded LEB :ph34r: )

There...
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Quote:My housemate (who doesn't post here) would say: Portal Shrine (especially near big-D in the Chaos Sanctuary).

Hmmm won't big D just cast his special bone prison on it and trap you like he does with normal town portals?
Or are the freebie-portals treated differently by the game? Although maybe it doesn't matter.
My recollection is that big D rarely casts portal-prison in single (low count) player games... or maybe its just my luck.
I like the gem shrine and the exp shrine in diablo I would like the hidden shrine.
I like shrines in diablo 1 because they have such weird text's thats sooooooo cool. :lol: