The Countess' Chest
I'm still playing 1.09, as I don't have internet access at home to upgrade. Anyway, got my Sorc up to level 56 and wandering through hell level very nicely, thank you, and cleared my way down to the Countess. I did notice that there wasn't as much gold laying around as usual, but since I'm ungodly rich already, didn't worry about it much. I cleared away her minions, and then cast Hydra through the door until she was dead. All very easy, and especially nice since she was LE. Upon her death, she dropped a couple of uniques, an El rune, and a couple of potions, but THE CHEST NEVER OPENED! So I went over and tried to click on it, and it was there in graphics only- nothing would open. very strange...
Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon.
-Cerebus the Aardvark
I just got screwed in 1.10(a) this way. Took my Meteor sorc down the Tower, eventually killed the Countess (after several deaths to three Blood Clan boss packs... yeesh). Not only did she not drop a rune, her chest didn't open, but I did get the quest completion.

Bah.
The chest didn't open? What a waste! Elisabeth was probably to greedy to give it to you :angry: what a greedy countess she is!
Yeah I think it's about a C-cup.....

oops, sorry, I took the title the wrong way ;)
Do unto others before they do unto you
Same thing happened to me the other day in 1.10s with a level 80+ skelemancer. Hell mode, of course. The Countess dropped an Ort or some such, but no chest opening.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Yeah, same happened to me. I was doing nightmare countess runs. After encounterung seven :blink: boss packs(one msleb) I finally got to lvl 5. I rush around w/ my werewolf, and I get to the dor, and all of the minions rush me. I kill them, then I kill the countess. She drops a unique blade, and the white mist appears on screen, but the chest dosen't open.

-Nantuko_primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
The chest only opens if the character who created the game hasn't yet finished the quest. If you're doing Countess runs, chances are that you've already killed her at least once, in which case it's normal that the chest doesn't open...
adeyke,Oct 25 2003, 04:45 PM Wrote:The chest only opens if the character who created the game hasn't yet finished the quest.  If you're doing Countess runs, chances are that you've already killed her at least once, in which case it's normal that the chest doesn't open...
chest didnt open 3 times last night after the update.. then it did open twice.. then didnt open once, then it opened again, and its not opened since

i think its randomized :D
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe