Irene, the Infirm
Quote:Thank you for sharing Irene's and Aliza's adventure, MongoJerry!
Holy thread necromancy!

MaStAVIC, MongoJerry is still very much around. He runs the World of Warcraft section of the Lurker Lounge, in fact.

This thread's kinda legendary, too. Slashdot linked to it and the huge traffic spike crashed the server for days at the time. I remember being quite royally pissed at them. :)

Chances are, Mongo's still got the screenshots somewhere and can supply them.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Holy thread necromancy!

MaStAVIC, MongoJerry is still very much around. He runs the World of Warcraft section of the Lurker Lounge, in fact.

This thread's kinda legendary, too. Slashdot linked to it and the huge traffic spike crashed the server for days at the time. I remember being quite royally pissed at them. :)

Chances are, Mongo's still got the screenshots somewhere and can supply them.

-Bolty

Yep, I'm still around... and hardly ever even notice the D2 forums anymore apparently. I've got the old screenshots of everything, though. I should probably put them together some time.
Quote:I don't know if you're still around and if you'll ever read this comment of mine, but I just wanted to write it anyway. Heck, the last reply to this thread took place over three years ago, but even now, I am enjoying the story. Thanks for writing it!

I remember when I first discovered the Lounge, I had the same feeling of wanting to thank the posters for the great material and information they shared with me. At the time, though, the forum was shut down, and I could only read the archives for my daily Diablo 1 and 2 reading requirements. It was a happy day for me when one Bolty came back.

Welcome to the Lounge!
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Quote:Holy thread necromancy!
I respectfully disagree. Necromancy connotes raising an entity from the dead; this thread is immortal.B)

If you haven't already seen it, trurl's Irene, the Infirm, revisited at the Amazon Basin may surprise you.
Zyr

Quote:I respectfully disagree. Necromancy connotes raising an entity from the dead; this thread is immortal.B)

If you haven't already seen it, trurl's Irene, the Infirm, revisited at the Amazon Basin may surprise you.

How did he fare against Baal? Did he ever update elsewhere?
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Tales like this epic and the throwing barb and the melee sorceress and the many others I've read on forums over the years.. wow. Thank you so much for the detailed work in chronicling these adventures.
Quote:Tales like this epic and the throwing barb and the melee sorceress and the many others I've read on forums over the years.. wow. Thank you so much for the detailed work in chronicling these adventures.
Vysion, Board Necromancer. :P
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I finally got around to reuploading the adventure's images and editing the image links, so Irene the Infirm can get enjoyed in all her glory again.
(06-03-2012, 01:37 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: I finally got around to reuploading the adventure's images and editing the image links, so Irene the Infirm can get enjoyed in all her glory again.

I just discovered that you did this. Thank you!

/mc
indeed that was an entertaining read. Even if this is bringing back up an immortal thread.