Ladder question:
I've seen 99s no even showing on their class ladder, and others becoming top ten, even when the ladder was full long before their creation.

How are points given and positions determined?
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
What I've heard is that first the dead players are listed with the most recently dead first, then the live players with the last ones to have left a game listed first. Or something like that.
what i remember from ladder games way back(ww mace barbs) is that that the last updated(ie kill a monster then exit) characters will be the highest. so dead 99's will naturally fall down the list.
Adamantine: start up diablo 2, go to battle.net, click on "ladder" and check out whether all the top listed level 99's are dead (while we're still in 1.09). You will find that they are, so I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about that. So I guess the rule is, last updated dead characters first, then last updated live characters. Which will usually be the same as what I posted above.