Assassin Trap: Death Sentry
Has anyone taken a look at Death Sentry in 1.10? I remember in the 1.09 skil description (the mouse over and on the AS) it stated that DS would do either a Corpse Explosion or a blast of lightning... is this still the case or was there a change made?

Currently the 1.10 description doesn't say anything about the lightning blast, but does still list lightning damage, so I'm just curious. Thanks.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

[Image: dixen.gif]
However, the percentage of damage done by the CE type attack is 10-25% versus 40-80% of the corpse life.

The lightning bolts still go off, and I assume the damage is being done as advertised. I have seen no evidence to make me question that the damage is as advertised.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hmmm, too bad. Death Sentry is just not as good as Lightning Sentry still. It would be nice if one could drop a Death Sentry and 4 Lightning Sentry and watch the fireworks.

Thanks for the reply Occi.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

I drop four Lightning Sentries, and then a Death Sentry about two "potatoes" later. That usually gets me a "boom" or two out of the Death Sentry. Have done the same with Wake of Inferno. Cast 5, let them each shoot a few times to kill the first critter, then replace on with a DS. Works like a champ.

If you have on your weapons switch a wand that has charges of Lower Resist, :D, it just makes it better.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
*nods*

I thought about that too... but didn't they lower the damage on DS's CE as well? *shrugs* Just seems that they killed the skill even further is all. Don't get me wrong, if it *only* did CE the damage would still be just fine, but to give the damage such a smack in the face when you can only get a couple of shots (what, 2 out of 5 if your lucky) is just plain bad.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

I believe Isolde explained some time ago that the corpse explosion damage of Death Sentries has not been modified at all. They have always dealt the reduced 10-25% of corpse life damage and not the 60-100% of the Necromancer's Corpse Explosion. It was the incorret skill description that lead people to believe otherwise.
Hmmm... It *was* listed as 40-80% IIRC. Whether or not it worked as advertised is another issue altogether. I think the 10-25% CE damge would be fine so long as the trap only did CE instead of trying to do both CE and lightning.
Dix...

"Facta Non Grata"

It does more than enough damage (the C.E. part anyway), esp. when you consider that it now scales with no. of players.