Successful Amazon 1.10 build
First let me get this off my shoulders: Yes I have to much spare time on may hands.

That done with, I've found this to be a successful build:

The Jav zons are back with a fury in 1.10. They're extreamly powerful tankers, and killers.
Lit fury is as POTENT as ever, and i've easily mowed down groups of 20-30 with a single jav in a 4-5 player NM game.
The real lurker in 1.10 is...
CHARGED STRIKE

Here's why: charged strike releases up to 7 bolts at slvl 20. Now that's all great , but what most people dont' realize is that those bolts are launched from you, not the point of impact. THUS, teh target that's right in front of may get a few bolts in addition to yoru jav, in addition to the regular lit damage bonus (about 1-2000 where I'm at). IN ADDITION the skill is *VERY FAST* and you can get off 2-3 attacks and releases per second. The damage *REALLY* adds up. by the end of norm you'll be taking down NPCS and Champs in 1-2 hits with multiple player sin a game.

Small and medium targets will take 1-5 bolts per strike at each bolt weighing in at 1-2000 *PER* charged bolt. This is accually *MUCH* more powerful than most any other skill in the game. (Barring my all time fav: Vengence) In addition the bolts that miss cause massive damage as well. WIth Charged strike taking down Baal NM in just a few hits, and Lit fury cleaning up the masses, you've got a *LOT* of the game covered. And there aren't that many lit immunes to worry about.

I keep a fast firing bow on my alt with slvl 20 inferno arrows to take down anythign that is lit immune. with a high pierce, my screen is either covered in fire or lit at any given moment.

-RedRiot
Congrats :)
Red_Riot,

Please post some images or just stats of your weapons/shield and general equipment.
Also have you reached hell act5? Even if your build is really good in Normal and NM, does it
stand a chance in hell?
Quote:does it stand a chance in hell?

Pun intended? :D
The build does very well in hell. With charged strike you can take down most monsters (that aren't lit immune) in one strike in a 3-4 player game.

Immo arrow is a *MUST* as a backup however, and being a jav zon helps a -LOT- sinc eyou can fire and then tank in that fire.

Also: No special equip needed. I just made sure to have max resists (poison aside) in nm and hell. I got all the way to hell act 2 with a 11-33 1 hand normal throwing spear with mega ias. (physical damage not a factor, just attack speed and skills trength)

aside from an AWSEME leach/res ring I found, i have -NO- special gear or uniques. some would describe my gear as 'crap', at least that's what they say on the trading channels...
But immolation arrow has a 1 second delay, doesn't that slow you down too much?

So basically, max charged strike and use as main skill. Put some points into synergies especially lighting fury. Max immolation arrow and high pierce. Any other passive skills? Then you use a crappy physical damage javelin/bow with good stats. The speed of the bow doesn't really matter since you can't fire more than one Immolation arrow more than a second. Does pierce affect charged strike too?

Leech works with both immolation arrow and charged strike right?
I discovered this in the beta and posted about it on the amazon basin. Charged strike can reach over 3500 damage per bolt with 9+ bolts. No gear besides +skills is required, passives and valk protect you. That's with max synergies, of course. If you sacrifice damage, as you have, you can do multiple elements.

It's probably the best boss killer in the game when you're throwing down 1-100000 damage a second, which you are on all 'large' monsters (ice spawns, act bosses, etc.)
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Try 3 times a sec, whole bunch of IS gear and a very fast harpoon.
I was going with 8 frame attack, how low do harpoons go?

At 3500 and 9 bolts, it's about 95k/sec with that amount of frames. The more IAS gear, the less likely you are to have +skills. +3 jav/40% IAS gloves are shoppable, at least.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
What do you all think about using Kuko to deal with those light immunes? Or perhaps put a few into impale?

BTW, why have you chosen to go with charged strike over lightning strike.
Red Riot,

How are you supporting the mana needed for using Charged Strike at a rapid pace? Potions? Mana Leech? Base Energy? Items?

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
Yeah. Most people are not aware of that feature of Charged Strike. It's been around since the dawn of the skill and is probably best documented by Sirian in his guide for Lytra before 1.10 beta ever came out. I also complimented his documented with several explanatory posts back in the Amazon Basin.

Now that the Charged Strike ramps up in the number of bolts, it does nearly exponential lightning damage and can tear through small groups like a hot knife through butter even if you don't heavily invest into synergies.

Another feature that is not often documented is the way that Charged Bolt effects seem to work. The graphic is only for one bolt. What does this mean? It means that skills that release increasing numbers of charged bolts seem to release them one ontop of the other in an instant or have some kind of sequence of fire that produces an interesting effect. Since only one bolt is hitting at any given instant, if that bolt happens to kill the enemy, the subsequent bolts will not impact him and will continue past the enemy into those behind him.

All this adds up to a brutally efficient attack that delivers elemental and physical damage if you hit, and elemental damage if you don't.
Animation,Nov 3 2003, 06:45 PM Wrote:Red Riot,

How are you supporting the mana needed for using Charged Strike at a rapid pace? Potions? Mana Leech? Base Energy? Items?

Lewis
chugging mana pots at a large rate, and my titans does incredible damage, enough to leach back spent mana.

[EDIT]
ALSO: Immolation arrow is VERY bugged with delays, if you cast a valk you can't fire immo for 5 seconds. I have the KuKo and you can do about 1500% per explosion, but in truth you would do more with the Ice arrow.

In all honesty, just forgo arrows and PUMP your lit synergies.
Why is it that you chose to go with charged strike as opposed to Lightning Stike?
Do you think Plague Jav can replace Immo's role as a persistent dmg dealer? The numbers seem to be lean towards Plague Jav in terms of dmg-per-sec & dmg:mana, esp. with Immo's 3 sec. duration vs. Plague Jav's 10 secs. Also no need to do weap switch so can keep the shield if the player needs more poison clouds.

Did you take advantage of the new butch Valk? There doesn't seem to be enough skill pts. left over with maxed Immo, Charged Stk, Ltng Fury, etc.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile