Has anybody checked if CE still scales?
I'm at school right now and I'm dying to know. Could someone check please?
Yeah, it seems as if the greater hp's of the corpses were helping to bring down the still living cow herds, with their greater life. CE has physical and fire damage. Whether there is some fire res or physical damage res by the cows now , I am not sure. CE seems to be less effective in bringing down the whole herd in one shot, it often took 2 hits before anyways.

I played classic D2 1.10 today. My barb had an awful time using frenzy and ww on the herd, so I suspect the hp are up and perhaps some physical res too with the cows. I didn't play the beta. Skills with elemental damage such as frozen arrow, orbs, static (lightning), and fire, seemed to be working against cows. I saw a poison nova necro in our group, and although this may prevent re-heal, he wasnt doing that much damage, perhaps some synergy will help there (rumors). Exp is way down in cows, my lvl 95 barb was getting 20 exp pts in a 4 person hell game.
Yes, I think we can finally leave the moo moo farm behind us. Ahhh :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
I'm confused, what are you guys talking about? In 1.09 and other earlier patches, CE did damage based on the base monster hp. In the beta, the damage scaled up with the number of players, taking the actual hp into account. I'm asking if it still does this.
I have not personally tested this, but a poster on the Amazon Basin said that CE no longer scaled. However, it was pointed out that there is no global 50% to physical resist in hell and that monster hit points scale by .5*#players, so CE got a much needed boost from the way it was in 1.09, but it isn't as completely overpowered as it was in the beta. If this is all true, then this seems like a good compromise to me.