VK issues
Quote:Hey all,

Got an issue. I loaded up the old VK mod, and while I am able to created new chars, I am unable to see my old original VK chars that I copied from my old machine. The files are all named modiab0x.drv and they normally get deposited into the windows folder. They are hidden files. More info: my old characters were copied from my old machine running XP and this is Vista. The characters that I create now, do get named exactly the same as my old chars that I can not see in the game anymore. So, basically I deleted the files called modiab0.drv and modiab1.drv because I created 2 new characters. I fully expected to see my 2 new characters and my 6 old characters, since I have all 8 files in the windows folder, but I can only see the 2 new ones. I quickly installed VK ME also, and could not see my old ME characters either.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
You are afflicted with the old computer name issue. If your new computer does not have the same name as your old one, characters will not show up. This was also true with Diablo in 1.07 and earlier versions and this explains why you cannot see your VK ME characters.

Messages In This Thread
VK issues - by Ashock - 04-02-2009, 08:51 PM
VK issues - by Thenryb - 04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
VK issues - by Ashock - 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
VK issues - by Thenryb - 04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
VK issues - by Ashock - 04-03-2009, 06:20 PM
VK issues - by Xiuhcoatl - 04-23-2009, 12:35 PM