"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts
Jarulf,Apr 6 2004, 12:02 AM Wrote:Ehh, my warrior attack once every 2 second (or a little more than 2 seconds). And that is using a one handed weapon I think. I have had situation were monsters attacking me and "interupting" me so I could not atack. Particulary some lion like monsters over in horde land. With two of them I almost never got an attack off. Not sure if it was something special. Have not played a mage though so can't compare.
What level were those monsters compared to your level? For mage a monster less than half their level with no special attacks will easily cause the stuttering of spell casting on almost every hit. The mages only hope is not be hit at all and with the bottom end type of armor that they have that is a real problem. For my warrior, the interuptions seem to only happen with special attacks that leave things like stun graphics over my head or some other detrimential effect icon being displayed in the upper left of the screen. A lot of difference where one class is only getting disrupted if special attacks are applied verses another class that can be disrupted by any attack that does damage.

Quote:I mainly play a warrior, and perhaps I play him all wrong but I find myself having some problems. One is that I deal very little damage compared to others at my level, I might have missed something. Compared to mages, it is a joke. IN a group, I hardly get to make the first attack before the monster dies in flames of fireballs or whatever those spells are. Part of the problem is that after the first spell, monsters typically ignore me and run for the mage but still. It is a bit booring always "missing" the fight so to speak. When monsters DO attack me I handle well though being able to take damage much better, both due to more HP and higher armor. I have probably missed some good tactics and skills though, I usually don't "get it" until later after a while

I have had a similar prblem with some of the others that deal out large elemental damage causing the monster to ga after them. My solution was to just concentrate on the closest non-distracted monster until they (mage/warlock/priest) realised that they could not afford for me to not tank for them. As for the damage, jsut what amount of damage are you doing compared to what you see others doing? Take some tiem to "inspect" them and see what they may have for strength, special equipment and such. I have see that many of the high damage dealing paladins and warriors are using some really nice stat enhancing armors and weapons that have been enchanted. It also looks like the may regularly be getting buffs from things like strength potions and the like. I know that when my character gets those types of buffs his damage rate can significantly improve. Couple that with some of the combat manuvers that add a lot to the attack and a resonably high skill in the type of attack that I am using and and I can some of my hits doing a lot more than twice the damage displayed on the character statistics screen.

Messages In This Thread
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by Bolty - 04-05-2004, 10:00 PM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by FoxBat - 04-06-2004, 01:28 AM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by swirly - 04-06-2004, 01:33 AM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by Ruvanal - 04-06-2004, 01:54 AM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by Jarulf - 04-06-2004, 04:11 AM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by Ruvanal - 04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by Nystul - 04-06-2004, 09:28 AM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by FoxBat - 04-06-2004, 12:25 PM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by TaiDaishar - 04-06-2004, 12:29 PM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by Raziel - 04-06-2004, 12:56 PM
"MaGeZ SuXoR!" and Other Thoughts - by nobbie - 04-06-2004, 02:07 PM