Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
Quote:The mana burn reduction is also nice. Blizzard seemed to enjoy coming up with ways to punish or cripple players. Some call that 'spice', I call it annoying.
Yes, "Mana Burn", "Stone Skin" and "Immune To Physical" spawned way too often, especially since patch 1.10. It literally cripples players by making any skill that uses Mana impossible. A rather senseless increase in "difficulty".

Quote:I agree that it is a good thing that only non-boss monsters have the resistance cap.
The implementation of Immunities for normal (Hell) monsters is probably the worst addition in LOD. They were probably implemented to force party-play/realm-play, but their drawbacks for spellcasters are too high. Not to mention all the variants that have been made impossible, especially in Single-Player.

Quote:Thanks, one of my worst memories of the 1.10 patch (original, not your mod) was having my sorceress cheesed to death in Throne of Destruction by those damn Black Souls. Huge dmg and no chance of teleporting because of the insane mana leech they had.
The excessive "Mana Drain" of "Wisps" and "Wraiths" are yet another example where the patch programmers went way too far in 1.10. They have removed cheesy 1.09 One-Hit-killers like Multishot-Lightning Enchanted Bosses and super-strong Fanaticism Frenzytaurs, but have implemented exessive "Mana Burn", "Stone Skin", "Immune To Physical" and "Mana Drain" instead. Makes any sense? :)

Quote:Any chance you could replace his original "thief" ability? Now that was cool :)
I've activated "Thief" for "Lord De Seis" again, but couldn't notice any effect so far. Maybe it's also disabled in the game code. What exactly did "Thief" do, and what were the chances that it has an effect?

Quote:I find that the characters I have started in your patch have easily reached level 90 by playing through all difficulty levels and doing a few Diablo and Baal runs with friends. In other words the exp was just fine. Admittedly I was playing in players 4 or 8, but this boost potentially makes it too easy for players to stay in players 1 and get tons of exp...perhaps something to think about?
I've boosted the experience gains, so that single-players don't always stay too far behind the Monster-Level/Char-Level curve while playing through the game. With 125% experience, you should now reach Act 5 Hell (no-twink) at about level 85 which seems to be just fine. Leveling up to 99 still takes a while then, and if you reach it and get bored, well, then just start a new char. Leveling up faster, "completing" your characters earlier, and playing more different chars, is part of the philosophy of this MOD. You don't need ages anymore to do that :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by davidj8580 - 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by HoBoS - 04-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Chaos Itself - 05-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by ForeStorm - 07-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by CasmirRadon - 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by nobbie - 08-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Starstasis - 02-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Loki076 - 02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Lolepops - 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM