Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10
I'd say that, for what are currently immune monsters, make unarmored monsters have up to 75% resistance and armored monsters up to 90%.

I already tried something like this in my own game with pretty good results (the comments are mostly for Hell Difficulty, where these things are more of an issue):

- Cold-only, fire-only, lightning-only, physical-only, etc., builds can make it, though they'll use more mana and/or attacks on super-resistant monsters. Previously they would have to run past or camp such monsters to continue through the map, or start a new game and hope for better results.

- Monsters have the same limitations as players, making things fairer across the board.

- Superuniques, but not Act Bosses, which get their immunities from being x-enchanted, still have immunities, so they pose a challenge, but at least you don't have a map full of them so they're easy to skip if you can't kill them somehow.

- You can leech from every monster (assuming 10% leechable skeletons, etc.), though the amount will still vary.

- Lower Resist won't need as many skill points to be as effective as before, since resistances are capped lower. Not a big deal since superuniques will still have immunities.

- Decrepify is no longer necessary for making PIs non-PI. It is still great for slowing and weakening monsters.

- Berserk becomes an option rather than a requirement for barbarians that have little to no magic and/or elemental damage in their attacks. It's still handy for faster killing of PR monsters, but no longer required.

That's all I can remember at the moment. One other thing to watch for is that the Stoneskin attribute will still make PIs out of monsters with a hefty PR. That's probably a small price to pay though, since it's better to have a few immune monsters rather than an entire map full. I don't mind building for survival, but being restricted in how I build the character due to maps full of silly immunities is just no fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by davidj8580 - 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by HoBoS - 04-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Chaos Itself - 05-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by ForeStorm - 07-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by CasmirRadon - 07-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Smoketest - 08-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Starstasis - 02-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Loki076 - 02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Diablo II "LoD" CLASSIC STYLE MOD for v1.10 - by Lolepops - 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM