+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP?
Quote:That's an interesting spec to say the least. Instant death to somebody, I guess. What's your reasoning for it?

In any event, you have a burst damage spec, but UR is based on staying in combat for a while. To me it would seem like an easy thing to ditch. Capping your spell hit seems like a much better use of points.

1 point in spell pen does negate 1 resist. It's probably not worth doing any thing about.

The whole reason for creating Fortran came about from an observation of Baguette, my Field Marshall priest, as she once lay in a small puddle by a farm flag, underneath a distempered bovine enveloped in some black, swirlly cloud.

When she first reached 70 Fortran had Dual Wield and not many points in Elemental. She soon saw the desirability of having a reduced cooldown on shocks, then later on the fun of Storm Reach for soloing. Besides, Dual Wield was boring. Her current build, which has Unleashed Rage, was a compromise for raiding. Since then She, I, and Divine Wrath have parted company, and anyhow the Karazhan belt she has is not nearly as nice as the Veteran's she is wearing.

As long as Windfury procs, things usually go well. Last week a hunter tried to take Snowfall from her. She dropped a Windwall, charged the hunter, and it looked like the hunter feigned death, except she could not attack that target. The log showed a shock and a Storm Strike followed by a Windfury. But the hunter could not have been that well geared.

On the other hand, if a warlock or a shadow priest gets the jump on her it often does not go well. Same with rogues, who will stun lock her. Recently though she did get the KB on a rogue in melee with a lightning bolt by accident (hit the wrong key). Warriors, I think it depends upon the skill and gear. One on one in a recent WSG she got a warrior and still had more than half her health. But the MS ones with what look like full Gladiator tear her up pretty good. Mages, depends on if she can catch them. Had to laugh recently, one on one she smashed a mage for the kill only to die from his arcane explosion. Druids are sometimes hard and sometimes easy. Bears go down, it just takes a lot of swings. Cats are much more troublesome. Paladins, just be patient till the bubble goes away.

Fortran still needs a lot more stamina and resiliance so she can last longer herself. The few time she has tried 5x5 it was a disaster, everyone picked upon her first.

As to Penetration, assuming a paladin aura and using the formula:

Average Resistance = (Target Resistance/(Caster's Level*5))*0.75

I concluded that with maxed +Spell Hit and no Penetration, the chance to miss with shocks would go from 1% to 10%. In the case of a 10% racial the miss chance would would go from 1% to worse than 3%. With just the Blood Elf racial, it would go from 1% to 2%. Looking at it another way, a bit of penetration would double the chance to hit, and sounds like a good deal to me.

Edit: Spelling.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by LavCat - 07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Taelas - 07-16-2007, 02:02 AM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Legedi - 07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by TheDragoon - 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Delc - 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Xame - 07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Taelas - 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by Watto44 - 07-17-2007, 01:18 AM
+Hit and +Spell Hit for PvP? - by LavCat - 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM