How to connect to B.net ?
Quote:You've got two problems. The first is you are probably running v1.0 (fresh install) and that is such an old patch it doesn't have correct connection settings for b.net (it was before gateways were introduced). First you will have to manually download the proper patches from the battle.net website.

Even if you get on b.net, however, you will not be able to play in the same game as your daughter. Two computers sharing the same internet connection can't join the same game over b.net*. You will have to choose the IPX option in the multiplayer menu. Of course, you may have to install this protocol on windows XP. If you are using Vista you can forget about that as Vista no longer supports IPX. The final option is direct cable connect. This means disconnecting from the internet and plugging your internet cable directly from one computer into the other through their ethernet cards. This is sure to work but it can be a bit of a hassle if all your cables are neatly stowed behind office furniture. Oh yeah and this method probably means no more than 2 player games.

*Technically they can using a method described in a thread by [vL]Kp which involves setting up port forwarding rules on your router as well as editing the registry on each computer. Edit: found the link for you.

Ahh thanks a lot , managed to dl and patch it , connected instantly , but the cant use same ip has put us off a bit . Also my daughters use Vista and we share a wireless network , no way could I get a cable from one comp to the other .
I cannot understand why they could'nt let 2 IP's share a game , must be plenty of people with more than one comp that would like to play together on B.net .

Thanks for the help folks , appreciate it .

Oh and the registry bit , well , that went straight over my head , but cheers :)
Take care

Messages In This Thread
How to connect to B.net ? - by Raven Vale - 07-17-2008, 01:06 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by --Pete - 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by the Langolier - 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by Raven Vale - 07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by --Pete - 07-17-2008, 08:21 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by [vL]Kp - 07-19-2008, 02:38 AM
How to connect to B.net ? - by Raven Vale - 07-19-2008, 03:47 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by --Pete - 07-19-2008, 04:56 PM
How to connect to B.net ? - by [vL]Kp - 07-19-2008, 05:57 PM