D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again.
(07-11-2012, 09:45 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 07:46 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Um, what else was I possibly referring to besides elite packs? Cause yes, I can easily prove this a thousand times over - but it would be silly for me to do so, since you can see for yourself by making a game.

Red, you are making an idiot of yourself. They do have cooldowns, and this is a very well known fact. Their cooldowns are quite short compared to most player ones, but still present. If you pay even the slightest attention, you will notice there is a consistent gap between one use of the ability and the next. Blizard have also made comments about `Elite ability cooldowns' as further, indisputable proof. You know that adage about not speaking lest you prove yourself a fool?

And you are making a tool of yourself. Because everything Blizz says is the gospel, right? Rolleyes Speak for your fucking self before calling anyone else an idiot homie.

I'm pretty sure Frozen and Waller don't have cooldowns, since I have seen them chain cast it and spam it countless times on Inferno. And EVEN if there IS a CD, it is completely meaningless to the point that it makes a shit bit of difference on the game mechanics. Therefore, you can slice it anyway you like - but my ultimate point still stands, and there is NOTHING you can say to refute it, because I am RIGHT. You are not. It is that simple.

(07-11-2012, 10:07 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 09:04 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: When people praise old school games for difficulty. It was mostly the kind that had unforgiving mechanics but provided precision control and intuitive gameplay so that every time you died, it was your fault. If you could beat the game on your first try, no matter how unlikely it was, it was a fair challenge.

However, it should be noted that only a minority of these games actually did that and get remembered, while the rest were just thrown into the trash bin because of inspid, poorly thoughtout design. It is not enough that a game should be challenging, but the challenge should be well thought out. You can't have this when you don't test said challenge out. Even if the designers can't beat it, they should have at least visualized concepts. So just making the game "harder" isn't going to solve the "easy" problem. Any random person can add an extra dight to everything and call it a day. That's not a particularly exciting concept, especially if the numbers aren't balanced.

Ninja Gaiden flashbacks...oh man...oh man...that game was unforgiving of mistakes. It could be done, of course, but yeah, it wasn't very buggy or anything. Any time you messed up was your fault. I don't mind dying to my own fault. That's what happens when I screw up. Dying because other people are bad at maths/lag/bugs is something else though.

NG1 was a bitch! I remember wanting to throw the game system against the wall, after taking a sledge hammer to it, trying to beat that game, and others. I get the same feeling playing Inferno on D3, ironcially enough....ah wait, thats because both games rely on the same bs, cheezy mechanics/artificial difficulty. But D3 is probably even worse for a variety of reasons and circumstances, though it has nothing on Ghosts N' Goblins - quite possibly the worst video game in the history of video games.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again. - by FireIceTalon - 07-11-2012, 10:28 PM