The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
It's sad that the premiere Diablo 2 website's forum is now filled with people bemoaning the fact that Diablo 3 isn't keeping them entertained.

I'm assuming that many of those who have stopped posting on here (like Sirian) have also stopped playing. I know that even Bolty has stopped. This is not a healthy situation. Blizzard forgot that it's never the first impression that people remember, but the last. The leveling game is quite fun, but only once per class. The auctionhouse item economy is broken (they did not learn the right lessons from WoW about that). Inferno should never have been invented. The fact that Inferno exists means that Blizzard didn't put enough thought into making the earlier parts of the game more replayable.

Where are the low level sets and uniques (for comparison, think what finding Frostburns meant to a sorcerous in Diablo 2)? The items don't sparkle, but they're supposed to be the drawcard (as there's no other way to improve your character once you hit 60).

Maybe Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2, but maybe the world has moved on from hack and slash adventures. I really don't know. All I know is that these forums have been very, very quiet lately and I can't ever remember them being this quiet for years after Diablo 2 came out.
Disarm you with a smile Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by smegged - 07-24-2012, 12:09 PM