Gearing and drop rates, AH use almost required to progress.
(07-21-2012, 12:31 AM)mistique Wrote: I look at D3 in the wrong way, and perhaps that's because of the time gap from D2, I've forgotten about the farming needed for better items to progress.
Also, i think that a lot of people playing the game today have also been so used to game being playable from start to finish, IE that you should find the items that will carry you through at you progress, this is not how Diablo works, and i think that i and a lot of people have forgotten that.

Maybe you forgot it because it isn't really true. Certainly not with the original Diablo. Largely not in D2 at least until LoD or possibly until the very late patches. Did people farm for the best loot in those games? Quite a lot, to be sure. Did they need to farm in order to make progress? Usually not. You could start a new character in D1 and beat hell difficulty by the end of the weekend, without any help from previous characters or other players. Not saying that is necessarily a good thing, but people forget. Games weren't always measured by the size of the time sinks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gearing and drop rates, AH use almost required to progress. - by Nystul - 09-07-2012, 02:08 AM