Not sure where to post this, but since the D3 forum has the most views.
I was not satisfied with their attempts to blow me off with what amounted to "because we said so" so I reopened the ticket 4 times until I finally got an explanation - a stupid explanation - but an explanation.

Quote:When accounts are signed up for the Annual Pass, we check every so often to ensure that the subscription is still on the account. If the subscription is removed, all benefits from the annual pass are removed from the account. This includes the Tyrael's Charger, Diablo 3 and MoP beta. If we removed the subscription from the account (even though you have paid time until then) your benefits would be completely removed.

This actually comes back to the same question DeeBye had and appears to me to be stupid and/or lazy programming. Note the line in the message DeeBye got that specifically says:

Quote:However, subscriptions can be cancelled at any time before the new billing cycle begins.

But not if you are an annual pass subscriber because then their system will not recognize you as subscribed for the remainder of your paid time?! Stupid, stupid, stupid Blizzard. If I cancel my subscription, which can only be done for the billing period following what is already paid, your system can't recognize that I am still subscribed for the time I've paid? Dodgy

It also says:

Quote:Subscription refunds are not available under any circumstances for billing cycles that have already begun. For this reason, if you need to modify or cancel your subscription, we strongly recommend you do so several days before the renewal date.

If the two dates coincide, or are very close, they are warning that you might get billed again and it will be "Sorry, sucker, we got your coin and we're keeping it!"

I so screwed up accepting the annual pass. I thought they would actually release MoP soon™ and that I could work up interest in the same old WoW until then. I also hadn't judged how far up their own butts Blizzard had crawled and how little they continued to consider the customer in customer service. Sad Angry
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not sure where to post this, but since the D3 forum has the most views. - by LochnarITB - 07-01-2012, 07:35 PM