Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
Well the hitboxes sound like a bug - and I didn't see them mentioned in the 35 things thread or the reddit interview, so it's hard to tell whether they're working as intended or not. I've only seen one video of a ranged character in action, and it was the one here in the Inferno for Dummies video, which had very few projectile using enemies.

I've seen the parts where people have said the _Demon Hunter_ has been hard to do a defence spec for, but no one seems to have that problem with Wizards. That seems more like a class-specific problem than just ranged in general.

And no, making all missiles faster would not make only one kind, if it was only a slight increase - I'm talking like 10% faster, not turning all enemy projectiles into railguns. Consider, for example, D2 shamans versus Abyss/Oblivion Knights. The Shaman projectiles are so slow that there's almost no excuse to be hit with them as a ranged character, unless there's 5-6 of them with you in a crossfire (which you would have had to get into by unwise tactical positioning to begin with) whereas the Knights have fairly speedy projectiles by comparison - nothing that's utterly undodgeable, but you definitely have to be paying attention, unlike the Shaman projectiles you can easily sidestep.

Good to see your support for a guy who can't ever admit to making mistakes combined with a mob mentality, though. That makes me think so much more highly of your opinions. You aren't the same Roland who moderates the Giant in the Playground forums, are you?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by ViralSpiral - 06-08-2012, 04:24 AM