Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-06-2012, 05:44 AM)BellaStrega Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 02:11 AM)Roland Wrote: Try a Demon Hunter before you talk to me about "the short end of the stick." Wink Invulnerability? On-Demand heals? Armor buff? Resistance buff? The Monk is the closest thing to God mode you're going to find in D3. Wink

While I heal ~60ish life per spirit spent, and I can recover spirit quickly, those heals are not very large when compared to both my health pool and the hits I take. My actual heal skill is on a cooldown, and my invulnerability is a 4-second window during which I can use my life on hit to recover health and hopefully get back to full.

The monk is not god mode at all. You should give it a go in inferno before saying something like this. I won't deny that in the first act I tend to survive better than other players I group with (including monks), but my gear and build is tuned for that survival. And all of that survival buys me seconds at most when I'm in melee range with bosses and champions.

Don't forget the healing mantra that you can run under all those. Wink

Of course, it doesn't help things that I keep telling Roland my monk is easy mode. =) I've gotten out alive in far more situations than I really should have since I am a horribly reckless player on my monks. Well, I should say that I'm even MORE reckless on the monks. I'm reckless with all of the classes. I am proud to say that I did get the monk achievement for dodging 15 attacks in a row WITHOUT using any of the increase dodge skills. It was just her normal setup, not even fists of thunder with lightning flash. Saved my butt as I got trapped in a wall with a group of fire chained monkeys. I'm sure in inferno I'll struggle like everyone else, but I will still continue to say the monk is easy mode. =)
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Treesh - 06-06-2012, 06:48 AM