The Auction House III: Evil is Back
Ah, yes. I think I forgot Royal Circlet because of how few legitimate ones I ever saw. But yeah, it was pretty awesome. Windforce was pretty good right up to Hell/Caves. The KB was really nice when you weren't getting swamped with ranged attackers/stuff had few enough HP to die before overwhelming your KB ability. But yeah, also not endgame gear. But the point is overall the same - release D1/D2 uniques were mostly crap. Expansion D2 uniques were buffed up beyond belief, but I think we've seen that didn't really work out too well. Too many cookie-cutter characters with not just identical skills, but nearly identical equipment (even without duping.)

So basically I think we want to see Legendaries that are cool, do unique stuff, and are interesting and useful...until you find something better, of which there should be a decent chance of, at which point you can shelve/sell the Legendary after having gotten 2-3 weeks of use out of it. Sort of like how Arkaine's Valour was - it was a good enough set of armour to get anyone through Normal, in case the RNG hated you and nothing better dropped. But it's not like (ethereal, if you like) Titan's Revenge where once you had it, you had no chance of ever getting anything better for the build intended to use it, because it literally had every mod you could reasonably want and then tossed on a couple of extra ones for funsies.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by ViralSpiral - 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM