The Auction House III: Evil is Back
(06-02-2012, 07:28 PM)Concillian Wrote: It'd be nice if it was an entire difficulty level, but it's still miles better than the Diablo II solution, so there was some improvement.

I don't think being able to farm a full difficulty level would be a good thing. If it were set up like that, then one could just farm the slow moving zombies at the beginning of Act 1 and get all of the best loot in the game. Hello, Pindle runs?

The way it's set up right now, you farm Act I to be able to progress to Act II, farm Act II to progress to Act III, and farm Act III to be able to progress to Act IV. A lot of the problems people are running into is that they want to skip a lot of those steps and end up in later acts without having the gear to support it, which is enabled by being able to resurrect infinitely in softcore, even during set-piece encounters, if you are in a party. The players then forge on ahead, even though the multiple deaths to get there should have told them to hold back until they get better gear, and they then complain on the Blizzard boards about later acts being "impossible."

As I've stated previously, though, it's possible or even likely that Blizzard held back on some of the higher tier items both so that they have something to release over subsequent patches and so that they get an opportunity to spot and fix exploitive farming areas before releasing the very good items.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by MongoJerry - 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM