The Auction House III: Evil is Back
(06-02-2012, 02:56 PM)BellaStrega Wrote: I know act II is a game changer, so I may change my mind then if Blizzard doesn't rebalance Inferno a bit before I get there.

There isn't going to be a rebalance of the primary factor involved, which is ramp up of mob levels.

If you've ever played WoW and tried to fight mobs above your level, you quickly realize how painful it is unless your toon is way OP for its own level.

I doubt the Diablo level gap is that harsh, but there can be no doubt that the biggest factor in the "increase" in "difficulty" of Inferno is the level of the mobs. Every single one of them is higher level than you, and this gap grows significantly the farther you progress.

I am finding out that even a couple of levels matters quite a bit. Redoing an act in Hell after picking up a couple more levels from the first time through makes a dramatic difference. Act 1 Inferno isn't going to have too big of a gap, so in a way you aren't feeling the real pinch there yet, only the pinch from the double-strength math on the mob stats. Once a bigger level gap is added on top of that, though... Yeah.

Inferno's scaling monster levels means that at any given time, you will have only a very narrow range of opponents whose opposition is well matched to your current gear. This means a LOT of farming of the same couple of areas over and over and over, then leaving them behind for good to move to the next scene. ... This is most definitely not how I would have done things. In fact, I think it sounds quite cruddy. The worst part about it is that it is Act4, the least randomized content in the game, that is what you are left with farming once your progression has been completed.

What I would have much preferred is an ENTIRE difficulty level wherein all the mobs are the same level and all the gear is the same level, so that once the true "end" is reached on progression, we have a wide variety of content on which to play.

Truly shaking my head and rolling my eyes at the way they chose to go.

- Sirian

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Sirian - 06-02-2012, 06:30 PM