The Auction House III: Evil is Back
I will also throw in that Blizzard have stated time and again that Legendaries are not supposed to be compared to Uniques. They used a different name for that very reason. You found a Legendary that was only so-so? Well, it sucks, but that was how the game was designed. It is no secret, Blizzard seems to state this every 30 seconds. Diablo 3 Legendary != Diablo 2 Unique. The biggest issue here is that players, such as Hocus is clearly demonstrating, have come in with the expecation that Blizzard would repeat Diablo 2's item system, and are horrified to discover that Blizzard have created a completely different game. Did Blizzard make the right decision here? Well, that is a point that can very easily be debated, and I believe the jury is still out, but the fact remains that from base design they did not want specific pieces of equipment that were `the best', so that any item could potentially be `the best for you right now'. I definitely agree, however, that the drops are pants. I believe Normal and Nightmare difficulty were fine, but even Hell difficulty has cruddy drops, and it can only get worse in Inferno (where the pool of useful gear has shrunk further). I can see plenty of room for Blizzard to tweak the drops so that level-appropriate equipment is considerably more likely to appear.

Ashock, I finally realised what you are on about. No, that comment about a conspiracy was in no way directed at you, nor anyone else. It is Generic Joke 101 to take two completely unrelated things and state `it is a conspiracy'. In fact, I cannot even imagine how you thought I was directing that comment at you. Either you are specifically looking for a personal insult in the post, or it was inadvertently a mirror where you saw yourself. Either way, it say a lot more about you that you took it as an insult than it does about me making completely random jokes without a moment's thought.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Elric of Grans - 06-02-2012, 07:45 AM