The Auction House III: Evil is Back
(06-02-2012, 05:13 AM)Hocus_ Wrote: Nice assumption on your part, but you're wrong. I knew that Inferno would be tough. I knew that I would need to gear up in order to progress. So when I got my arse kicked in Act 1, what did I do? I geared up. And now I'm in Act 3. But that's not the issue here. The issue is, the options available to gear up are extremely limited.

You can go into Act 1 Inferno and grind away for hours and still not find an item that is actually worth using. You might if you're lucky find something that is worth selling on the Auction House, but that's about it. Whereas in Diablo 2 you knew that even if a good rare didn't drop, you still had the chance to find a useful set or unique, that option is now gone in Diablo 3, with most of the legendary and set items being worthless. This is partially because they're not itemised properly, but also because not only are the possible affixes dynamic, but the value ranges can vary wildly. So not only do you have to be lucky enough to have a legendary drop, but it also has to drop with affixes that are actually useful. There's a huge difference between a Helm of Command with Resist All and a Helm of Command with Arcane Resistance, for example, or a Stormshield with 32% block versus one with 18%.

I didn't assume anything. That is literally what people are saying. It's a constant point of discussion throughout these topics. As for having trouble gearing up, have you been utilizing your Blacksmith? The great majority of the upgrades I have obtained that have been progressing me into Inferno have come from that source. Not only that but the great majority of the items I have sold on the AH have come from there as well.

I fail to see how mindlessly farming for hours for a good upgrade in this game is any different than mindlessly farming for an upgrade in D2. The only difference is that D2 was flooded with Dupes which oversaturated the TOP items so that practically everyone could have them if they really wanted to. It's possible that the dupe effect in D2 has so greatly perverted the player base's perception that it is actually impossible to go back to a system with any semblence of real rarity without it feeling like crap. But that is a different discussion.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Chesspiece_face - 06-02-2012, 06:41 AM