The Auction House III: Evil is Back
The problems with D3 are not game-breaking by any means. Let's take a few of the most prominent complaints:

1. Bad drops leading to over-reliance on the AH, especially making the transition from hell to inferno.
2. Bland affixes
3. Inferno poorly balanced, for melee in particular.

An easy fix for 1 is to let Nephalem Valor kick in earlier, say around level 50 so that you can actually go back and farm elites if you're undergeared rather than making a beeline for the AH. Also tweak the drops in Act IV hell so you have a chance of getting inferno viable gear. Making level 9 blacksmith recipes available in hell might help too.

2 is easy too. Just throw in some of the crazier stuff from D2 (chance to cast x, oskills, charges, etc). Don't do it all at once, maybe introduce one or two new affixes into the general item pool every couple of weeks or so. Also increase the proc chance on the CC affixes (blind, slow, stun, etc) and make lifesteal comparable with life on hit. Bam, items are interesting again!

For 3 just tone down the spike damage in inferno a little, and give melee some more passive mitigation (40%) together with buffing some of their control skills (I'd like longer snare durations myself).

Meanwhile the actual combat is still super-fun. Blizzard absolutely nailed on of the most important things. Now they just need to fix the itemization/endgame and we should be good to go. In the meanwhile I still have four more character to level through hell, I'm not terribly concerned about the state of inferno at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Athenau - 06-02-2012, 01:34 AM