The Auction House III: Evil is Back
(05-31-2012, 06:10 PM)RedRadical Wrote: 50K to craft a single jewel is absurd in any circumstance, but especially since they can be bought for cheaper on the AH. Thankfully Blizz has said they are going to lower the cost substantially soon. I havent maxed my blacksmith yet, because between training and crafting multiple times to find an upgrade is much more expensive for what I would get compared to what I can get on the AH. When I'm sitting on near a million gold, I will max him and start salvaging more items.

50k isn't that much of an investment with the understanding that you will never lose that jewel in softcore. It is a one time investment and in return you gain better stats for all of your characters in perpetuity. Looking at it from that perspective it is an absolute steal.

If you are in Inferno don't bother crafting sub-60 pieces from the Blacksmith. Focus on getting him up to LvL 10 and hopefully finding some drop patterns. Once you have this you can craft the lvl 60 crafted pieces and you will actually be getting items that you can either use or sell on the AH more often. When you are farming vendor all of the items that you get that are sub lvl 59 and salvage the 59-60 items. The biggest bottleneck to being able to craft high level items is not gold or tomes but actually the Inferno dust.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Chesspiece_face - 05-31-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM