The Auction House III: Evil is Back
I love the auction house for one reason.

How many people that call themselves "legit" players traded regularly in D2? You really couldn't. Trading in d2 battle.net was mostly conducted by the scum of the system that flooded the system with their ill gotten gains. And even beyond that were the scammers and numerous ways to cheat people with the trade window. And the currency was based on a heavily duped item, the SOJ. And it was to be traded for other duped/botted items.

The auction house allows anyone to participate in the item economy without having to dive into the mountains of spam in the trade channel, to not worry about trade window exploits and the other thousand sleigh of hand techniques scammers have learned over the years, and most of all to not deal with the foul and profane words that come out of the l33t idiots' mouths. It uses a currency that can be farmed legitimately and has a legitimate use to be valued as a currency, unlike gold in d2. No longer is the economy under the control of the cheaters. Yes, it's prone to cheating, but now everyone can enjoy the benefits should they use due caution with a far more convenient and less hostile method. Most importantly, if anything goes wrong, one can just complain to Blizzard about it, meaning your trades are far safer. It's just a way better climate to do this with. Nobody's gonna be like "LOL trade me dis newb". There will be exploits, but at any rate, you have a much better chance of buying clean items from this game.

Also, due to rares being the best items, that means you can go out and shop for the ones you want and not just the ub3r l33t and boring runewords/uniques (that were obviously duped in d2)

Dare I say it, it's the most brilliant thing Blizzard has thought of for this franchise IMO. At least for my needs.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Archon_Wing - 05-29-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM