The Auction House III: Evil is Back
I can see the problem you illustrate playing out. Just to get my monk into Hell difficulty I've had to hit up the AH. In fact I was trying to play "no twink" through the game when I decided to list a few items on the AH just for gold to train my blacksmith. In researching prices for gear, I found that weapons with twice as much damage per second than I was using, were available at my level. That was when I decided to buy better weapons.

Even with with decent gear the game is not a face roll and win situation. I think the overall difficulty has been jumped up a couple of notches from Diablo 2. I ran more than one "no twink" character up to Guardian in D2 and right now I can't imagine playing through nightmare in hardcore mode.

With all of that said, I loved Diablo 2 and I never obtained any of the most elite rune words. I would play a character through the end of Hell, farm hell for a while, then make another. I can see myself doing that here. Why? As much as its nice to build a level 60 with all the best gear in the world. The overall game play is astoundingly fun in Diablo 3. The skills, graphics, physics effects all add up to some righteously fun play. I can see myself check the AH for the cheap upgrade here and there. I personally won't invest too much time in farming the AH. If I come to a standstill in game play I will likely reroll and try a new class or new skills.

Rock on.

Messages In This Thread
The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Bolty - 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by TPJ - 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Yricyn - 05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
RE: The Auction House III: Evil is Back - by Frag - 06-02-2012, 02:54 PM