Minion-based soloing builds are useless in Hell difficulty
(05-24-2012, 12:35 AM)Arethor Wrote: Either I'm doing something wrong, gear does play a factor somehow, or dogs really aren't feasible in Hell. This is the build I was testing with. My testing was done in the early stages of Act 2 when you have to disrupt the 2 cultist camps.

Tonight I tried a similar build, but using Rain of Toads for my main attack. I think swapping to Bad Medicine made all the difference, as well as using the Rain of Toads AoE poison spam. I also ditched Soul Harvest in favour of Grasp of the Dead + Desperate Grasp for a 6s AoE snare, which is a huge help. Poison Dart + Spined Dart is obviously for mana regen, since constant Rain of Toad spam drains mana very fast.

I had absolutely zero difficulty with the Skeleton King on Hell Difficulty. He took out my Dogs a few times, but as long as I kept snares on his adds, and poisons on everything I was able to kill him very easily. I think I had to re-summon the dogs 3 times, and the stinky Garg once. I never went below 50% health, even when he appeared beside me and hit me in the face more than a few times.

Obviously the Skeleton King isn't a great measuring stick for Hell Difficulty, but I also used the build for multiple champ/boss packs leading up to him. The worst was an Illusionist/Shielding/Mortar pack that killed me once, but I eventually got it down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minion-based soloing builds are useless in Hell difficulty - by DeeBye - 05-24-2012, 02:12 AM