Let us compile a list of D3 annoyances.
(05-20-2012, 11:55 AM)Mavfin Wrote: While we're talking about this, I'll note that, as Jester said someplace else, this isn't WoW, we're not raiding, so we don't have to be cookie-cutter optimal all the time. So, we can now play variants, particularly if we're playing solo, or with teams of friends who know what we're doing, or are participating in same.

Edit: Sometimes it's hard to get over seven years of WoW/MMO raiding habits when it comes to talent builds and stats, so let's keep that in mind.

This seems out of left field. Where have I ever said or implied that we have to find cookie cutter builds? I am most famous for my non-cookie cutter builds -- and what strikes me as genius about this skill system is that everyone has access to every spell but the builds can be wildly different due to the six skill limitation. Nearly every Wizard skill is one that I would love to use, and my mind is already spinning at some wild possible builds (e.g. "The Wizard Bomb"). I'm enjoying watching the more public forums where people are trying to pigeon hole people into their own build that they think is the ultimate cookie cutter build -- and failing utterly. People are so used to having only one or two min/max builds to choose from that people are scrambling to make sense of a game where there are dozens of such builds available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let us compile a list of D3 annoyances. - by MongoJerry - 05-20-2012, 03:02 PM