Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls?
(08-15-2011, 06:04 PM)lyyn Wrote: Is it? I have one but I have never used it. Good enough for Normal/Hell? What clvl?

I have GOT to experiment ....

I don't have the exact numbers and breakpoints off hand, I'm sure it's in J's guide. Just from what I remember roughly, clvl 40 is enough to stun in H\Hell using just a plain bow, iirc assuming maxed DEX with no other affix (Dex, All, damage + etc) adders. Lower if you have Dex+ or All+ gear and or damage+ bow, but this can vary from what gear you find so IMO it's not worth being super specific.

But if you have enough for stun damage in Norm\Hell, then you can certainly see how Gnatsting handles for you.

One important caveat, you can't rapidfire the bow if you want the burst arrow iirc. If you do, it will only act as a single arrow bow. Probably a sanity check, Gnatsting is already pretty powerful as it is. If you can live with it's relatively slower firing rate, it really feels like you're going in with a medieval shotgun.

Quote:EDIT: Speaking of firing a bow... With Balrog types, that dance around so much, I sometimes find it quicker to just hold one line of fire and let them run into it instead of aiming at them while they're doing that jogging thing. Of course I'm wide open for other suggestions!?

Taking count of all the other good suggestion\infos already offered, I think that's probably close to all of it. That's what I remember doing with most of those balrogs too, as well as retreat\kiting\stringing\etc. Easier to just shoot a line of arrows and letting them run into the stream of arrows vs individually targetting them.

Knockback bows is another alternative. Iirc there was some issue in co-op MP with that, but if you're not co-op'ing that ain't a problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls? - by Hammerskjold - 08-16-2011, 12:52 AM