Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls?
(08-15-2011, 08:27 PM)Nystul Wrote: I like to hold shift and shoot down the row of floor tiles next to a wall. To take it a step further, retreat around a corner 5 steps or so and shoot down that line. If you have enough damage to stun you can often knock the enemies back around the corner. The balrog can dance in circles all he wants in that other room, but to get to you he has to go around the corner into your line of fire.
Exactly what I mean!
Depending on the Evil Type I vary the distance to the corner.
Lava Maws – very close, don't want them to start spitting.
BK – further, they're slow enough that I can often pick them off before I have to retreat.
With Witches I sometimes have the feeling, that if they don't round the corner fully, I can see/hit them without them reacting to me. Physics tell me, it can't be, but I like it Wink

Don't get me wrong: I DO aim at the monsters, at least when they are in my sight and I'm not just sweepng a dark passage or doing crowd control. It's just, that I try to position myself in a straight line to them first and if I can get them to come to me, ideally around a corner, it's so much easier.
I find Monsters that don't give chase a lot more difficult. They can't be lured into my arrow stream, so if I'm magically challenged, like right now, I end up rushing them Sad

(08-15-2011, 08:27 PM)Nystul Wrote: But the position won't hold if you wake up too many enemies.
Yikes! Hate it when that happens and I don't have much ground covered on that level yet.
Shoot the first 1-3, run, shoot some more, run, repeat... is basically the only tactic I know in that situation.
Which is why I LOVE having already cleared a second corner as a fall-back... preferably a third...
I usually try to walk on eggshells before I don't have at least one defensible position or enough room to evade/maneuver.

(08-15-2011, 08:27 PM)Nystul Wrote: With regards to coop, I'd rather having a rogue always shooting down the same wall than a rogue who is shooting at moving monsters. Diablo has a dirty little secret when it comes to that. Monster isn't always the same place on my screen as it is on yours.

???
It isn't? How do you coordinate?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to Rogue :) Anybody have an opinion about Snobs and Lightning Walls? - by lyyn - 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM