Diablo 1 question
>I like hunting for gold items

Do you mean uniques by this? Gold is also the name of a prefix, +21-30% to hit

>What unique/magical items can I expect to not see on legit battle.net ever?

I am guessing you are asking which are the common hacked/duped items. First of all, you should stay away from any item from others to begin with - especially in public games. With some experience you will be able to tell which are the obvious dupes and what items are hacked. I would read through the "items" section in J.P.'s guide to learn about prefix/suffix and some rules regarding item generation.

Some general rules are:
-never trust items from anyone you don't personally know is legit (be hesitant with anyone claiming they are legit)
-Godly is not a valid prefix on ANY type of plate
-Unique items only come in one form i.e. "dreamflange" is a mace, not armor/jewlery that you may see in public games
-Obsidain jewelry of the zodiac is extremely rare, so chances are that anyone *giving* you one is spreading a dupe.

Again, with experience you will be able to tell what kinds of items are not legit easily.

>when can I expect to see long war bows drop

...as in which part of the game? That depends upon difficulty. Each difficulty has an item drop bonus that affects base items only. This means that in nightmare/hell better base will be able to drop sooner than in normal. LWB drops in normal are fairly common in caves/hell. I have also seen unique monsters drop LWB's in nightmare difficulty in the church.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Diablo 1 question - by ak404 - 03-07-2003, 07:33 AM
Diablo 1 question - by the Langolier - 03-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Diablo 1 question - by Stash - 03-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Diablo 1 question - by SoulEdge - 03-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Diablo 1 question - by SteinHerz - 03-08-2003, 01:26 AM