Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Occhidiangela,Apr 9 2003, 06:24 PM Wrote:Uh, do you refer to splash damage as a bug?  The formula that gave amazing damage?  Or to its overpoweredness?
...to the fact that, for the initial target, the damage is counted twice: once for initial hit, and once for splash. That, in turn, jacks up the damage incredibly as, IIRC, the splash damage was equal to the initial damage (a problem in itself; balance-wise, anyway ;)). That was all.

As for alternative sources of Fire damage, my Rogues typically use ALOT of Firewall. I am EXTREMELY fond of it (just ask some of my *ahem*agitated*ahem* co-op partners about my very liberal use of Firewall), and wouldn't have a character without it (my LAW uses it extensively, as well!). Guardian is another favorite of mine, although the low damage factor does make it a bit less desirable. Still a favorite, but more of a support spell than a directly damaging spell (even spamming and sucking Blues with my LAW only guarantees a softening up of targets, rather than any kills).

Personally, I never took to Elemental. I'm sure it has its uses, but I've always preferred Fireball and/or Guardian. :)

Ah, such memories... At least I can still find better than mediocre fun and enjoyment out of D1. Wish I could say the same for D2. ;) At least I have my modding to keep me happy. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roland - 04-10-2003, 01:18 AM