Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Might be nit picking here, and I realize that you are lambasting the bad logic of mutants who cheat, and how poorly some folks understand what the root issue really is, but . . .

Quote:And we all run our games under some OS or other, definitely "3rd party"
I sense that your tongue is squarely in your cheek, and that you are using a caustic voice mentally as you present the term 'third party.'

I never understood how anyone could raise the OS as 'third party.' The OS (WIndows or Mac OS) is presented by Blizzard as a piece of software that the game is developed to run with, and is indeed advocated by the company to use with the game,(uh, so we can play it at all!) so how could anyone classify the OS as 'third party software' in this discussion at all? I guess I missed some rare discussions on the DSF in this regard, or maybe, I didn't miss much. :) It is a necessary background application with explicit features that the game must interact with in order to function as advertised for the purchase price. Hence, rather than 'third party' software, the OS is indeed 'officially required and endorsed companion software' or some such thing.

Sorry if I over reacted, but I just got into it with a fellow in a pubbie last night about Maphack, (OK, I egged him on, he asked 'do you have MH' and I said 'I don't cheat') and the OS third party argument was presented to me in due course. I was most uncharitable to the fellow in reply.

Edit: for crappy syntax.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Occhidiangela - 04-09-2003, 10:45 PM