Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Occhidiangela,Apr 9 2003, 05:11 PM Wrote:So, Bolty, I need a ruling on this: is the Rogue Lightning Hose cheating?  Shadow?  Blade?  Roland?  Zara? 

Have I let my love of the rogue cloud my judgement? :)

(Or is 'the code the final arbiter, per Sirian's tongue in cheek little rant a while back?)
...I don't think I could see it as any vile thing. I suppose, on some level, the thought of its use would bother me. But, seeing as how a Merc is only an addition to your party, and not the party itself (i.e. not your main character), and seeing as how the bulk of damage will be dealt by your character, and not your Merc, and seeing as how the spell only fires every so often... It's not nearly as big an issue as, say, MS-Stun bug.

Though, if we're going to talk bug abuse, we might as well bring up Fireball from D1. ;) I think we're ALL guilty of that, as truly only Sirian and a few other core variant players would use anything else for their main fire spell. ;)

I'd have to say my thoughts are more or less in line with Bolty on this one. Cheesy, but not worthy of lynching. ;) As for whether I'd restrict play from you... I don't think I'd go even that far. I'd just hold my tongue about the issue, and enjoy the companionship. :) Truly, it's an issue that can't be put to rest. Everyone has their own viewpoints. There are some things that are clear-cut cheating, and others that, while a hardcore "legit" (ala Finnan) might find to be cheating, most would religate it to minor abuse. Using the Rogue Lightning bug is, I guess, cheating of a sort. However, as I said, I don't think it's a capital crime. But then, maybe I'm just more lenient in D2. Or, maybe just lenient on you. ;)

I honestly don't know what to say about it. It's something I would never abuse, but that's me. I only play pure, as well. And, I don't intentionally rush. Does that make me more "legit" than you? Some say yes, some say no. Personally, I don't see myself as any more legit. But in the end, all that really matters is how YOU feel. If you're comfortable using the bug, so be it. If you find that the thought bothers you, even just a little, maybe it's time to take a step back and look at the situation.

Frankly, I'm surprised you asked for my opinion. ;) I didn't know I was so highly regarded. ;) :lol: And, I wouldn't really worry about it Occhi. As I said, there are far worse things. Take care.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roland - 04-09-2003, 10:19 PM