Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Quote:Many stories were circulated earlier about programmers at Blizzard profiting off e-bay. If any of those are true I can't say. I did note however when that subject was addressed recently in a thread, perhaps here or Battle.net, the official response was "I can gurantee their are CURRENTLY no programmers benefitting from the sale of items..." or something very similar.

You probably won't believe me, but perhaps others will: I know of no one at Blizzard who has ever profited from selling d2 items (or anything else unethical with regards to d2). I can count the people at Blizzard with access to the servers on one hand, and of those, even fewer would know how to create items (not that the rest couldn't learn to do so if they wished, but I can't really see them even bothering). And anyway all of those people seem very upright and trustworthy to me.

And as far as my posting here: I *am* doing it on my own, and I don't think anyone would care too much one way or the other, except maybe Geoff who thinks I should post on AS instead of at other places, but I'm too lazy to get myself a blizzard b.net account and I generally prefer the slower pace and lack of l33tsp33k of non-blizzard forums...

And nothing I've ever posted has ever been filtered by any entity other than my own often drugged and sleep deprived brain either, though I can't say if that lends credibility or not to whatever it is I say ;)

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Isolde - 04-09-2003, 10:08 PM