Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Quote:It is nice to see that Isolde advises us that Accelerator is not considered 'evil and pernicious.' :)

I was glad to see that too, because I'm tired of the old argument:
Bolty: "Maphack is cheating!"
Poster: "So, third party programs are cheating?"
Bolty: "Yep."
Poster: "Ah ha! What about the Accelerator, which you've plugged on your website?"
Bolty: "Anyone with half a brain can see that using the Accelerator isn't cheating."
Poster: "Neener neener, can't hear you, defeated your whole stance with that infallable logic, etc etc"

Whatever. <_<

Quote:Insofar as Amazon Basiners and their loud protestations go: those who protest the loudest have, IMO, the most to hide.

Wait; by that logic, aren't I one of the worst cheaters in the world? D'oh!

Quote:And for those who think that Lurkers are closet cheaters, or that some Lurkers are closet cheaters, I will ask any closet cheaters to simply remember where they are, and either stop cheating or leave.

Yeah, there's not much to do about this. Obviously in any moderately sized posting population there are closet cheaters. Trying to pretend that we don't have any here simply because nobody spoke up about their account being banned is arrogant and naive. So I wish they'd just leave.

Quote:So, Bolty, I need a ruling on this: is the Rogue Lightning Hose cheating?&nbsp; Shadow?&nbsp; Blade?&nbsp; Roland?&nbsp; Zara?

Nah. Cheesy, maybe, but I've never had a good opportunity to see how deadly it really is in a Hell diff game situation. I've heard everything from "uber" to "negligible." If it is truly deadly powerful, letting that little Rogue mow down monsters much faster than a comparative merc, then I'd probably avoid playing with any chars that use it (just a personal thing). There's lots of things that are cheesy but perfectly legit, like rushing, but being banned for using a Lightning Hose Rogue? Come on!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Bolty - 04-09-2003, 09:57 PM