Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Quark,Apr 8 2003, 06:59 PM Wrote:
Quote:I find it extremely difficult to believe the stories coming out of Blizzard.

I also believe that blizzard employess personally profited from hacks, cheats, dupes.

I have about ZERO respect for what I have seen from Blizzard over the past 3 years. I will exercize my only right as a consumer: I will not spend any additional money to enjoy their products. I will encourage those I know to do the same.

So show us why Blizzard is lying. Show us why Isolde is misinforming us. Show us how while you're at it. And, by the way: Diablo 2 was released 6/29/2000. If you had no respect for Blizzard over the past three years, I doubt you would have gotten passed level 10 in D2. That's the exact attitude I'm talking about. "Blizzard sucks, Blizzard lies, this is horrible. Lemme play some more!"

Again, burden of proof.

Quote:I do not trust that this happened the way Blizzard is explaining it did.

Also, regardless of how nice Isolde is, do you think he is posting all this here without the knowledge and consent of Blizzard? I find it highly unlikely. I know my company has something call a PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT.
I think this was handled pretty well up above ...
Oh yeah, once again, burden of proof.

And yes, I believe you are being quite rude. Every post of yours has been "Blizzard's Wrong, Blizzard's Wrong!" and I have yet to see you read/respond to an argument against that. Not only that, you're calling Isolde being here nothing more than a publicity stunt. Last time I check, dii.net would be a better place for that <_<
What is your issue here Quark?

I do not believe Blizzard. I do not have the ability to prove anything, I have no access to Blizzard's databases, marketing plans or anything else. If I believed Blizzard, I would have no ability to prove that either. It's my instinct, I'm sorry if you find offense with that.

Can you prove that Blizzard employees are all honest? Of course not, and I would never ask you to if you told me you believe every one of them.

Many stories were circulated earlier about programmers at Blizzard profiting off e-bay. If any of those are true I can't say. I did note however when that subject was addressed recently in a thread, perhaps here or Battle.net, the official response was "I can gurantee their are CURRENTLY no programmers benefitting from the sale of items..." or something very similar. This of course leaves open the window that perhps something was being dome prior? I don't know, I can't say.

It frustrates me that 1.10 never came out. It frustrates me that cheats and hacks over ran the game without any noticeable responses from Blizzard. IMHO, they had alreay made most their profit off game sales for D2, supporting it was not going to increase revenue, hence it was neglected. I find that annoying.....and understandable, as they are running a business. Also, have you thought about how huge e-bay sales on D2 items effect their business? Do you think they would for or against such sales taking place on e-bay?

I have not played other games, luyckily I only became addicted to this game, but I have been told that both DOAC and Evercrack are relatively secure and free of cheats. (someone correct me if I am wrong) So why can't D2 be? I don't believe it is because sophisticated hackers are working on D2 while amatuers are hacking those two games...leaveing me to believe as a non-programmer dude that there are design flaws in D2.

I did not say Isolde was lying. I said I found it hard to believe he was posting so much information without Blizzard's consent and or knowledge. Nor did I say it was a "Publicity Stunt". Public relations is a necessary part of business, especially in the field I am in. I do not think mentioning PR as a possibility is insulting or rude, and I am sorry you view it that way. Seems to me its just a matter of being realistic. I also said he was nice and informative...oh well.

Anyway, the only reason I have played for so long is because of PvP and the people I have met dueling. Frankly, I never could understand people that found 3 years of joy in PvM against a silly AI. It just bores me....I don't find the game so brilliant in terms of the story line/graphics etc...I'm just a competitive guy, I play bridge, chess, backgammon, soccer, basketball, poker etc...dueling fits that mold....to compete.

Anyway, I'm sorry I frustrated you so much. No harm intended.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Grumpy - 04-08-2003, 08:21 PM