Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
He's a programmer.

If he was PR, he wouldn't be here. :P Blizzard has no PR department. Just like they have no Tech Support department. ;) Well, actually, they SUPPOSEDLY exist, but no one's ever heard from them or seen them, so while some cling to the vain hope that the myth is real, most of us just took it as an old fable. ;)

In all seriousness though, I don't trust that you have a boatload of friends who "didn't use ANY cheats" and yet got banned. AFAIK, a No-CD crack counts as a hack, and will get you banned. It's why I don't use them: I use Daemon-Tools with a burned image on my HD. I've had WAAAAAY too many problems with my drives (in fact, I think my DVD drive died, or near-died, the other day; was watching a movie, and it just froze, and the drive was spinning really slow and getting noisy; $20 for a new DVD ain't bad; $70 for a Collector's Edition DII or WC3 cd IS :P), so I don't trust them with my most popular games. I'm the type to buy two of something if I really like it (ala Blizzard games), but usually that's so I can have one to play, and one to collect. :D I'm not about to risk my games to crappy drives. It ain't worth it.

Plus, it's not a hack, so it doesn't get you banned. :P And no, I do NOT pirate games. If I want a game, I damn well will pay for it. It's the least I can do, after all. Stealing is stealing. Then again, I'm the type who will buy a whole CD for one song. ;) So I'm a little odd in that regard, anyway. :D

I'm not accusing your friends of cheating, or lying. I'm just saying that there may be legitimate reasons why they got banned. So far, out of ALL the people I know (between here, the DSFC, and RB, I haven't heard a single complaint from someone getting banned), and about a hundred times more that I DON'T know (mostly people here), not a single person has complaing of losing an account. We have, what, 500 users here at the Lounge, give or take? And not a one has lost an account? If the legit loss versus hacker loss ratio is as big as you make it out to be, we would have heard someone here complain about losing their account, firsthand (not their friends, but they themselves). Again, not trying to sound like a jerk, but really, even with my cynicism I find it easier to believe that your friends had SOME reason to get banned, whether you know it or not. But hey, who knows? I certainly don't. All I can do is say what I think.

Cut the guy some slack. It's not like he's out to get your friends or anything. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roland - 04-07-2003, 06:57 PM