Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Isolde,Apr 7 2003, 02:52 AM Wrote:You're right.  Certainly not on the client anyway.  (I admit, I always used  to laugh at products that would assert).  Ah, but there was a "wee" bit of rushing towards the end, and they were very useful to have on the server...  Besides which most of the assertions you see would have just resulted in unhandled exceptions anyway.

Though out of curiosity, which assertions do you get?
I think assertions can help some people that look at the "game" to know what happens. Especially if you have not done it much or have experience at it. It gets a bit annoying though when it gets inlined so that a function with 20 lines of code (assembler lines) turns out to be 10 times in size just because the game has to assert 1 million times that we have a a unit, that the unit is an item unit, and that it has item data for it. especially if you ever want to print it out, it gets bloated :)

Personally I mostly find it as a curiosity in that you get to see how Blizzard name their variables :D
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Jarulf - 04-07-2003, 06:29 PM