Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
CelticHound,Apr 7 2003, 10:00 AM Wrote:The situation is that I'll be playing just fine, I'll click somewhere on the screen, I'll hear chord.wav (the default sound for error boxes), and the screen will freeze.  I then have to use Alt-Tab to go to the Win2000 desktop and make the error message box active and press Enter to dismiss the box, because I can't give it focus using the mouse.  After that, the Diablo II process will go away.  What's really maddening is that while I'm trying to get to the message box to dismiss the process, I can see from the lights on my moden that packets are still being sent and received, so I'm not dropping.
I use XP Home, but I think it might work the same. I have found the quickest way to drop you out of D2 when having an asserion error is to just press 'Esc'. This immediately kills the D2 client and will reduce a lot of time fumbling for that darn assertion error box. Hope it helps for future errors.
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Kyrene - 04-07-2003, 10:31 AM