Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Quote:All you've done is bought yourself a bit of time you haven't fixed any of the underlying problems.
Yup. Which is what I've said previously. By not releasing the specifics we're buying some time. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. As far as fixing underlying problems is concerned: we fix what we can with the resources we're given. At this point, I'm not about to rewrite *everything*. And a lot of the problems are core.

Quote:A game that requires thousands of hours to "win"(find all the neat stuff, get to high levels). And that is simple and repetitive enough that a computer can be made to play the game.(botting).
don't know what to say to this. you're right. though the same could be said of nethack... ;)

Quote:You trust the client and/or client/server protocol to make decisions it shouldn't be making(tradehack/ITHs).
none of that was supposed to happen (same goes with information hiding): not enough code review. I apologize, though it doesn't do much good at this point.

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Isolde - 04-07-2003, 01:54 AM