Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Or Max Shaefer, for that matter. He walked into it of his own accord, and as far as I am concerned, got what he deserved. Quite frankly, the whole thing still ticks me off. Not even so much because PKs are allowed to ruin games, but because of the way Blizzard handled (still handles) the implementation. The quote:

"It's an integral part of the Diablo II playing experience and storyline" is a load of horse manure, plain and simple. The fact that certain individuals at Blizzard still spew that hock a bile in our faces burns me up something fierce, and I'm not alone on it. I can deal with their decision to leave PKing the way it is. It's their game, and I will respect their decisions, for better or worse, even if I don't agree with them. But if they expect me to believe that "PKing is an integral part of the storyline", they got another thing coming. I've read the manuals for every Blizzard PC game to date, and never once, in ANY of them, was PKing mentioned in the storyline.

I'll stop there, before I go on a multi-page tyrant that'll get me nowhere except pissed off, and everyone else bored to tears and/or equally frustrated. Take my advice and do likewise: There are some things of the past that are best left in the past. PKing and the Sirian / Max Shaefer debate are two of those things.

Oh, BTW - I have to ask. Just what the hell is PNF? I haven't played on Realms since before the economy went to Hell, back when Maphack was your biggest worry. Quite frankly, I don't play any D2 these days except my mod: I just can't take the imbalances. So please excuse my utter ignorance when it comes to the latest and greatest hacks, cheats, dupes, etc. I still don't even know the deal with Iths or White items, although I can probably make an educated guess.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roland - 04-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM